When was the last time you learnt from a student who came to your organization to do a project or an in-plant training assignment? More often than not, we find students coming out of college don't even know the fundamentals of their chosen discipline.
What could be the reason for this?
- Do we need a war to spur development and progress?
- Has the standard of education gone down?
- Is everyone only working on financial engineering these days and neglecting real engineering like Tom Friedman is saying?
- Has the average IQ of people gone down?
- Have televisions, cell phones, cutthroat competition, stress, the internet and all the other distractions shortened the attention span of the younger generation to such an extent that learning has become very difficult?
- Has the older generation failed to provide any good role models to emulate?
Whatever be the reasons, as Tom Friedman says, it is time to reboot, not just America, but India and the rest of the world as well!