So what are you doing to be ready for the next boom? Do you have spare time now? Here are some of the things you can do instead of agonizing over the present situation:
- Learn a new skill or a language. Some of these skills will come in handy when things get better.
- Take up a hobby. You will learn to relax and gain some expertise
- Build your network. A network built without the requirement for immediate gratification/profit is almost always stronger.
- Set your house in order. Plan your future. Revaluate your priorities. You will have a clearer idea of the way forward when doors open.
- Get involved in some charity that you never had time for before.
- Maybe even start a new company.
The possibilities are endless. You have time on your hands now, use it wisely. The good times will come, as surely as the day follows the night.
Are you gearing up for the next boom? Write in and tell me what you plan to do.