- The ability for the company to inform its employees about job openings within the company
- A facility for the employees to forward the job opening to their friends
- Support for the candidates to apply for the job opening through a selected employee(referrer)
- The ability for the company to track which employee has referred which candidate, so that referral bonuses can be properly disbursed.
- The ability for the company to collect, aggregate and easily filter through all the candidate so as to be able to identify the right candidates.
- All other facilities of a job site, including the ability for companies to search for candidates, and for candidate, to be able to apply for a job directly.
- A facility by which all members (of the site) can bring their network on line so as to enable themselves and their friends to find the right referrers.
- A site that is not just a job site (where people register only to look for a job) but is a comprehensive career related networking site that ensures that companies are also ready to have their employees registered (as their presence on the site helps in the referral process).
- An ability to find referrals through the network of friends' friends.
In the next post, we shall look at how technology can be used to make the traditional referral process work even better.